Being frugal when it comes to Frugal Male fashion means buying smart, not cheap. It means spending the right amount, not too much, not too little, based on the product’s actual value. And that means buying items you can use for years, so the value of your investment is over time.
About Frugal Male Fashion
Frugal menswear is a bit of an oxymoron. When you want to dress nice for work, but each shirt is over $90, how are you supposed to stick to your budget? It is a difficult task.
Now, I admit that I am not the type of person who spends a Saturday afternoon shopping for clothes. (Ask my wife). If I have to spend money on something, I’d rather spend it on a new tool for my woodworking shop. But there are times when my wardrobe needs a little update. And when those times come, I don’t want to pay an arm and a leg.
So if you’re a guy who needs new clothes but doesn’t want to break the bank either, this article is for you. The following is an inexpensive guide to frugal menswear.
What is Frugal Male Fashion?
The word frugal is thrifty in money or food. It’s not about splurging; it’s about avoiding impulse purchases to make logical purchasing decisions.
That doesn’t mean settling for cheap fashion. It means shopping smart to avoid buying what won’t work for you. And as society assigns more responsibilities to the male sex, you will always need this advice.
Know your clothing priorities and stick to them without hurting your bank account.
There’s no point in buying nice things if you only use them once or twice and then throw them away. That’s not even how sustainable fashion works.
Frugal fashion is a great way to green up your wardrobe. And since you already know what that means, let’s see how it goes.
How to stand out in Frugal Male Fashion?
Are you tired of buying things you don’t need? Do you want returns on every fashion item you spend your money on?
If you answered yes to both, congratulations! You need to make sure that what you buy meets the following benchmarks:
Whichever you choose, remember that with one of the t-shirts, you effortlessly ooze class. Plus, you won’t have to go to the store to buy another shirt just because the one you have looks old, faded, or worn. It is how frugal menswear works. Buying cheap things does not mean you are frugal unless those cheap things are durable and of high quality.
If you want to be a thrifty man, prioritize quality over price. Think of every fashion item as an investment. You are not frugal if it is cheap but will give you frequent visits to your tailor to revive it. Instead, you splurge on what won’t provide you with style.
Frugal menswear is never subject to trends. So while you invest in quality, make sure they are pieces that never go out of style. Think of dress shirts, ties, suits, chinos, jeans, wrist watches, black colours, etc. These items are always in fashion. Go ahead and get your money’s worth while you live.
When opting for the above two, have a budget in mind and try to stick to it. It is one of the ways to look stylish on a tight budget. It’s also a great way to avoid impulse purchases. Shop sparingly but make it smart and logical.
Also Read: q fashion
Frugal Male Fashion for the Cautious Man
- Jeans: With the many types of jeans on the market, you have no reason to be without them. Jeans never go out of style. They adapt to all casual dress codes and represent urban attire perfectly.
- Solid colour t-shirt: Every man needs a t-shirt in his wardrobe for those days when he doesn’t want to wear a suit and tie. It could be white, grey or black. Just grab a t-shirt, put on some comfy pants and some kicks, and you’ll be good to go.
- Button-down shirt: Whether plain or striped, a dress shirt is your go-to outfit for the formal office or business casual attire. Pair it with any pants, be it slacks, jeans, chinos or whatever. Invest in a quality product, and you won’t regret it.
- Pull: Your sweater is welcome for those chilly days or days you want to switch up your look with layers in your outfit. You can find quality sweaters at thrift stores, streetwear brands, or crochet brands.
- Dress in shoes: It can be a pair of oxfords, loafers, or any other formal shoes for men you like. You won’t always have casual occasions. Some days you may need to dress up to close a deal or make a presentation at the office. And if your industry has a strict dress code, you’ll still need these shoes.
- Formal pants: These include chinos, khakis, slacks, or any other tight-fitting pants. You’ll need it when the occasion doesn’t lend itself to wearing jeans, joggers, tracksuits or shorts.
- Palm Slippers: Palm slippers provide comfort at informal events. Invest in it and wear it with your local clothes, streetwear, beachwear or any casual outfit.
- Wristwatch: It doesn’t have to be Phillip Patek, Rolex or Omega. A classic wristwatch goes beyond telling time to add that smooth finish to your look. If you don’t want a silver or silver watch, stick with leather. The main thing is that it meets the three criteria of frugal menswear.
- Perfumery: Smelling good is a great way to exude style. But unfortunately, many men forget it. Some don’t even know how to recognize the original scent and end up buying something with a fleeting scent. It’s not being frugal in fashion. Invest in deodorants and perfumes and apply them correctly to avoid bad body odour.
- Belt: What happens when your pants don’t fit your size perfectly? A belt saves the day! To be frugal, get a belt in a neutral colour like black or brown. They go well with any colour outfit you wear.
Other pieces of prudent fashion that will always serve you are jackets, sunglasses, sports shoes, ties, handbags, etc. If you want to keep them in shape for a long time, check out our guide on how to make your clothes last longer and use the tricks you’ll find there.
Final Verdict: The Best Way to Manage Your Money
You’ve probably read a lot about money. But did you know that you probably missed the first step in taking control of your finances? To make it easy! Everyone should start by making it easy to assess their finances, and the easiest way to do that is with Personal Capital (it’s free!).
- Add all your bank and investment accounts
- Add your rates
- Show your cash
- Estimate your retirement readiness
You can’t sign up, but whenever you want to think about the money you have, log into ALL of your accounts, count it in your head, and maybe even write it down. THEN you can start thinking. I’m not lazy, but when something is more difficult, I do it less. Make your finances easier to spend your mental energy in the right places. It’s worth the few minutes of registration!
Also Read: go fashion ipo gmp
Frugal Male Fashion Online
Reddit men’s fashion frugal
Frugal Male Fashion Reddit
Reddit Frugal Male