cast of never have i ever – Never Have I Ever is a Netflix comedy series created by Mindy Kaling and Lang Fisher. The show follows the life of Devi Vishwakumar, a first-generation Indian-American teenage girl who is trying to deal with the loss of her father, her changing body, and her complicated love life.
Table of Contents
Never Have I Ever is an American comedy-drama television series created by Mindy Kaling and Lang Fisher. It premiered on Netflix on April 27, 2020, and is about an Indian-American high school student dealing with the sudden death of her father and the bumpy journey through her last three years of high school.
The series follows Devi Vishwakumar (Maitreyi Ramakrishnan), a 15-year-old Indian-American girl who is trying to figure out her life. She is a good student, but she is also known for her emotional and erratic behavior. After her father’s death, Devi is determined to improve her life and become more popular at fashion school. She sets her sights on two boys, Paxton Hall-Yoshida (Darren Barnet) and Ben Gross (Jared Knoll), but her feelings for them get complicated.
Never Have I Ever is a coming-of-age story that explores the challenges of being a teenager, as well as the importance of family and friendship. The series has praised for its humor, relatability, and positive portrayal of Indian-American culture.
In addition to Ramakrishnan, the cast of Never Have I Ever includes Poorna Jagannathan as Devi’s mother, Nalini, Richa Moorjani as Devi’s cousin Kamala, Ramona Young as Devi’s best friend Eleanor, and Lee Rodriguez as Devi’s other best friend Fabiola. The series has also featured guest appearances by celebrities such as John McEnroe, Megan Mullally, and Common.
Characters of the Never Have I Ever Series
The cast of Never Have I Ever is a diverse group of actors who bring the characters to life. Here is a brief overview of the main cast:
- Maitreyi Ramakrishnan as Devi Vishwakumar: Devi is the show’s protagonist. She is a smart, funny, and ambitious teenager who is trying to figure out her life.
- Poorna Jagannathan as Nalini Vishwakumar: Nalini is Devi’s mother. She is a strict and traditional Indian woman who is trying to raise her daughter as best she can.
- Darren Barnet as Paxton Hall-Yoshida: Paxton is the school’s resident hottie. He is kind and sweet, but he is also a bit of a player.
- Jared Butler as Ben Gross: Ben is Devi’s academic rival. He is smart, funny, and kind, but he is also a bit of a nerd.
- Lee Rodriguez as Fabiola Torres: Fabiola is Devi’s best friend. She is a confident and outspoken lesbian who is not afraid to be herself.
- Ramona Young as Eleanor Wong: Eleanor is Devi’s other best friend. She is shy and awkward, but she is also kind and loyal.
- Richa Moorjani as Kamala Nandiwadal: Kamala is Devi’s cousin from India. She is smart, beautiful, and successful, and she makes Devi feel insecure.
- Sendhil Ramamurthy as Mohan Vishwakumar: Mohan is Devi’s father. He died suddenly before the events of the series, but he continues to be a presence in Devi’s life.
The cast of Never Have I Ever is a talented group of actors who bring the show to life. They are all funny, relatable, and likable, and they make the show a joy to watch.
Seasons And Episodes
Never Have I Ever has 4 seasons, each with 10 episodes. The episodes are:
Season 1 (2020)
- Had Sex with Paxton Hall-Yoshida
- Gone Drunk with the Popular Kids
- Felt Super Indian
- Started a Nuclear War
- Been the Loneliest Boy in the World
- Been a Big, Fat Liar
- Pissed Off Everyone I Know
- Had to Be on My Best Behavior
- Said I’m Sorry
- Got Closure
About Season 2 (2021)
- Forbidden Fruit
- Didn’t Have Sex with My Ex
- Got a Hot Dog
- Did Not Come
- Went to India
- Lost My Mind
- Got a Boyfriend
- Got Dumped
- Got a Wake-Up Call
- Had a Breakdown
- Made Up
Season 3 (2022)
- Had a Heart to Heart
- Went to Prom
- Got Dumped Again
- Met My Dad
- Had a Summer Fling
- Went to Therapy
- Went to Paris
- Made a Choice
- Had a Secret
- Said Goodbye
Season 4 (2023)
- Lost my virginity
- Gotten sweet revenge
- Liked a bad boy
- Wrecked my future
- Been to New Jersey
- Had my dream stolen
- Had an identity crisis
- Set my mom up
- Gone to prom
- Said goodbye
- Got a Summer Job
The series is about Devi Vishwakumar, a first-generation Indian-American teenage girl who is trying to deal with the death of her father, her crush on two boys, and her struggles with her identity. The show has praised for its humor, its representation of South Asian culture, and its realistic portrayal of teenage life.
Critical and Commercial Success
Never Have I Ever has been a critical and commercial success. It has nominated for several awards, including a Golden Globe Award for Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy and a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series. The series has also renewed for a fourth and final season.
The show has praised for its representation of Indian-American culture, its honest portrayal of teenage life, and its diverse cast. It has also been a critical and commercial success, winning numerous awards, including the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series in 2021.