brighton & hove albion f.c. vs man city timeline – Brighton & Hove Albion are one of the most successful teams in the Premier League in recent years. They have consistently finished in the top half of the table, and they even qualified for the Europa League in the 2022-23 season.
There are a few reasons for Brighton’s success. First, they have a very good scouting network. They are always looking for young, talented players who they can develop and bring into the first team. Second, they have a very good training ground. The facilities at the American Express Community Stadium are world-class, and they help the players to reach their full potential.
Table of Contents
A Timeline of Their Meetings
Brighton & Hove Albion and Manchester City have met 14 times in the Premier League, with Manchester City winning 11, Brighton & Hove Albion winning 1, and 2 draws.
The most recent meeting was on May 24, 2023, in the final match day of the 2022-23 Premier League season. The match ended in a 1-1 draw, with Julio Enciso scoring for Brighton & Hove Albion and Erling Haaland scoring for Manchester City. This result secured Brighton & Hove Albion’s qualification for the Europa League for the first time in their history.
Here is the full timeline of all the meetings between Brighton & Hove Albion and Manchester City in the Premier League:
|May 24, 2023||Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Manchester City||Premier League|
|Oct 22, 2022||Manchester City 3-1 Brighton & Hove Albion||Premier League|
|Apr 20, 2022||Brighton & Hove Albion 0-2 Manchester City||Premier League|
|Oct 23, 2021||Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Manchester City||Premier League|
|May 18, 2021||Manchester City 4-1 Brighton & Hove Albion||Premier League|
|Jan 13, 2021||Brighton & Hove Albion 1-2 Manchester City||Premier League|
|Oct 20, 2020||Manchester City 4-0 Brighton & Hove Albion||Premier League|
|Jul 1, 2020||Brighton & Hove Albion 1-2 Manchester City||Premier League|
|Aug 17, 2019||Manchester City 3-0 Brighton & Hove Albion||Premier League|
|Dec 14, 2018||Brighton & Hove Albion 1-4 Manchester City||Premier League|
|Mar 10, 2018||Manchester City 3-0 Brighton & Hove Albion||Premier League|
|Aug 19, 2017||Brighton & Hove Albion 0-2 Manchester City||Premier League|
As you can see, Manchester City has been the dominant team in this fixture, winning 11 of the 14 meetings. However, Brighton & Hove Albion did manage to get their first-ever Premier League victory over Manchester City in May 2023. This was a memorable result for the Seagulls, and it helped them to secure qualification for the Europa League.
Key Moments from the First Half
Here are some of the key moments from the first half:
- Brighton’s early goal gave them a boost and they looked dangerous in attack.
- Manchester City responded well and equalized through Haaland.
- The penalty miss by Maupay was a big turning point in the match.
- De Bruyne’s goal was a brilliant strike and gave Manchester City the lead.
- Brighton had a chance to equalize before the break, but Moder’s shot was saved by Ederson.
The next meeting between Brighton & Hove Albion and Manchester City will be on October 21, 2023, at the Etihad Stadium. It will be interesting to see if Brighton & Hove Albion can repeat their recent success against Manchester City.
- In the most recent meeting between the two teams, Brighton & Hove Albion came back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Manchester City in the Premier League on October 23, 2021.
- Brighton & Hove Albion’s only win over Manchester City came in the Premier League on May 24, 2023. The Seagulls won 3-2 after coming back from 2-0 down.
- Manchester City’s biggest win over Brighton & Hove Albion came in the Premier League on August 31, 2019. The Citizens won 4-0.
Manchester City have a dominant record against Brighton & Hove Albion, winning 11 of their 14 meetings. Brighton has won 1, and there have been 2 draws.
Some of the key players who have helped Brighton to their success:
- Leandro Trossard: The Belgian winger is a creative force in the Brighton attack. He has a knack for scoring goals and creating chances for his teammates.
- Marc Cucurella: The Spanish left-back is a very good defender and a good crosser of the ball. He has been a key player in Brighton’s recent success.
- Yves Bissouma: The Malian midfielder is a very strong and athletic player. He is good at winning the ball back and starting attacks.
- Robert Sanchez: The Spanish goalkeeper has been a revelation since joining Brighton in 2020. He is a very good shot-stopper and he has helped the team to keep a lot of clean sheets.
Reasons for Brighton & Hove Albion’s Excellence
Brighton & Hove Albion are a team on the rise. They are well-run and they have a good squad of players. They are now one of the established teams in the Premier League, and they will be looking to challenge for European qualification in the years to come.
Here are some of the reasons for excellence:
- They have a good scouting network and they are always looking for young, talented players.
- They have a very good training ground with world-class facilities.
- They use data to help the coaches and players make better decisions.
- They are a very tactically astute team.
- They have a good squad of players who are committed and hardworking.
Substitutions in the Match
- Raheem Sterling replaced Jack Grealish in the 63rd minute.
- Gabriel Jesus replaced Erling Haaland in the 78th minute.
- Jakub Moder replaced Alexis Mac Allister in the 78th minute.
- Julio Enciso replaced Danny Welbeck in the 89th minute.
The game-changing substitution was the introduction of Julio Enciso for Brighton in the 89th minute. Enciso came on and scored the winning goal for Brighton just minutes later. His goal was a long-range stunner that gave Brighton a point and secured their qualification for the Europa League for the first time in their history.
Manchester City is the favorite to win their next meeting with Brighton & Hove Albion. The Citizens have a strong record against the Seagulls and have been one of the best teams in the Premier League in recent years. However, Brighton are a tough team to beat at home and could spring an upset.
The last time Brighton and Hove Albion played Manchester City was on May 24, 2023, in the Premier League. The match ended in a 1-1 draw, with Brighton scoring the equalizing goal in the 89th minute through Julio Enciso.